Tuesday 30 April 2013

Black, White and Patterned All Over



  




Top: Ann Taylor (similar here) | Bottom: Gap (on Sale!) | Sunglasses: Coach
Shoes: Forever 21 (similar here) | Bag: Coach (Legacy Leather Haley Satchel)
Jewelry: Stella and dot renegade bracelet, Happy wrist by Itchelita,  Junghwa heart bracelet, SeoulLittle heart rings

As mentioned in my last blog post I have been really into patterned pants lately. And what better way to show off patterned pants than with a patterned top? Mixing patterns can be tricky but if done right it can be visually stimulating. By picking a base color/colors (I did black and white) you can easily tie in patterned pieces effectively. I like to mix a denser pattern in with a more sparse pattern print.  I also love anything leopard print - mix that with stripes or polka dots and voila! Stripes and florals is also a great combination. Who am I kidding - stripes is always a great piece to use when mixing patterns as it goes with virtually anything if you stick to the same color family. It's also important to throw in a neutral piece with your outfit - hence my nude shoes and handbag. It helps to break up your outfit and balance it out. Do you have other ideas for mixing patterns? What rules do you go by?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment