Monday 3 June 2013

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I love mixing unexpected colors together with my outfits, and I equally love looking at how other people do the same. I always find inspiration for color mixing via pinterest, and/or my favorite bloggers. But where do our favorite fashion bloggers come up with these eye catching combinations? Have you heard of the color wheel? The color wheel is a great wardrobe tool, and I came across this one below on Lauren Conrad's blog! Mixing colors when dressing can be tricky, however if you use these basic color schemes you can achieve a 'best dressed' look every time. There are three different color schemes to use when mixing colors: analogous, complementary, and monochrome. The analogous color scheme means to mix colors that are side by side on the color wheel. Complementary means to mix colors that are across from each other, and a monochromatic color scheme means to mix colors that are all within the same color family. Tip: When using a monochromatic color palette, mix in a neutral to help break up the ensemble. You can also play around with mixing colors that form an 'X' or 'T' on the wheel, or colors that form 90 degree angles to one another. Since brown, white, grey and black are neutrals you can mix them with virtually anything. Below I have examples of each color scheme, as well as some of my own personal favorite color combinations and the bloggers that wear them! If your interested in looking at a more interactive color wheel I highly recommend this one here!


Analogous

Complementary

                                   
               Monochromatic
                                   









Somewhere Over The Rainbow Part 1
Somewhere Over The Rainbow Part 2
Follow on Bloglovin






1 comment:

  1. Great great post, Melinda! I love to study colors! All the person who loves fashion should know that!

    Have a lovely day,
    Cris.

    ReplyDelete