Saturday 8 June 2013

The Yellow Bliss Road





Top: Target | Jeans: Zara | Shoes: Bottega Veneta (on sale!) | Sunglasses: Coach
Clutch: Vintage | Bracelet: Swarovski | Ring: Tiffany & Co (gifted)

I've been loving yellow as of late. Pale, neon. You name it. The color yellow in general just puts me in a good mood. Alot of people think yellow is hard to wear, but it really isn't. I always pair cool toned yellows with silver jewelry, and warm toned yellows with gold. And then I add in color where possible. Remember the color wheel? As for which shade of yellow to choose, I go by these rules based on skin tone:

Pale Skin: Dark mustard yellows or pale yellows. Try to avoid neon or primary yellow as it can make you look even paler.

Medium/Olive Skin: Neon, bright, or primary yellows look best on tanned skin. You can also go for pale yellow as it won't wash you out.

Dark Skin: Gold yellows look best again dark skin as it will bring out the gold tones. Dark skinned gals actually have it the best when it comes to yellow, because they can pretty much wear any shade they want! 

What yellow pieces do you own/love? What are your favorite shades to wear? Do you agree with my rules above or can you prove me wrong? Let me know!

Yellow shirt 2 ways


Left Shirt: Target | Jeans: Zara | Shoes: Converse | Bag: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Target
Right Shirt: Target | Pants: Zara | Clutch: Zara | Shoes: ShopBop

Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment